Saturday, January 12, 2013

Delicious Bite of Heaven

Of all the food crazes of recent years, are macarons worth the hype? I think they are. They are delicious bites of heaven. 

The crisp, rainbow-bright shell that cracks at the faintest bite, that soft, delicately chewy, nutty interior and the silky smooth ganache and French butter cream which sandwiches the two halves together is heaven in your mouth.

Lemon flavour


Rosewater flavour

Mint Flavour

patience, precision and a steady hand



















I don’t really enjoy baking, but the art of making a macaron had me intrigued. Louise Everett from TheGardener’s Kitchen held a macaron making class yesterday that I attended. Making them was not half as difficult as I thought it would be. It does need a fair amount of patience and precision, which is not the kind of cook I am normally. Practice makes perfect and I intend to get this one perfect.

HideAway Haven guests you are in for a treat.


The Lemon Macarons I made.....YUMMY!!

No comments: